Pledge to Programmers
I pledge to write code that:
- is so intuitive that anyone can follow the logic; but if the code must be complicated, it will be clearly documented.
- has low cyclomatic complexity.
- has a full set of unit tests around it.
- has no more than 40 lines in a method, and averages less than 10 lines per method.
- uses correct names and not temporary variable names like asdf.
- use professional business names in all code that could be visible to clients or other developers using our API instead of names like StupidRoutineToMakeThisWorkRight.
- does not break the daily build.